Internship Statistical Forecasting
Helmond, Noord-Brabant, NetherlandsInternships
ABOUT THE JOB AND ABOUT THE TEAM:
In this project you will start as an intern located at Vlisco’s headquarters in Helmond, with supervision of the Demand Planner. The main purpose of the project is to provide a statistical forecasting model for the demand planning process of Vlisco. The Ecommerce channel will be used as use case to apply and prove the model in practice. The project is executed in close collaboration with the enthusiastic and driven sales team and demand planners.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
Accurate forecasting plays an important role in enabling organizations to make informed decisions, optimize resources, and enhance overall efficiency for the full supply chain. In this project it is investigated which forecasting method and model should be applied to Vlisco Ecommerce demand. The project entails multiple steps
- Determining the appropriate data aggregation level;
- Analysing data on trends or seasonality;
- Data preparation;
- Choosing and finally implementing the forecasting model(s) and method(s) by using real sales data for the use case;
- To conclude the forecasting model(s) and methods(s) are reviewed on performance and sensitivity tests.
This internship offers a unique opportunity to develop your research and analytical skills while contributing to factors like cost reduction, improved customer satisfaction, positive sales impact and empowering decision-makers.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Academic education in the field of Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Econometrics, or Data Science;
- You are preferably available in February/March;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply forecast models and methods in practice;
- Pragmatic / Hands-on;
- Advanced knowledge about statistical (forecasting) models.
IN RETURN WE OFFER YOU:
The conditions for you as an intern are listed below.
- Internship compensation;
- Real-world application: gain practical, hands-on experience by applying theoretical knowledge to real data with all its challenges;
- Project ownership: take ownership of a project from start to implementation with the freedom to be creative;
- Collaboration and stakeholder management: have the opportunity to brainstorm with Vlisco employees from different departments whilst engaging and consulting key stakeholders;
- Travel expenses for travelling by private or public transport.