(Junior) Colour and Blocking specialist
To be a Colour and Blocking specialist at Vlisco is to be part of the world’s best print design team and to continue over 100 years of Dutch heritage and its contribution to African culture. It is to be able to develop and advice on the perfect assortment of colours and blockings.
What are the key tasks?
- Verifying of new designs on inspiring and market relevant colours and blockings.
- Creating new colourways to complete the final assortment based on a commercial briefing.
- Consulting designers, product developers and customers on colours and blockings for their designs.
- Supporting in creating a physical and digital Colour Studio with an inspiring colour library, colour tools and briefings.
- Exploring new possibilities in colour and colour blocking effects together with designers and the Development Technology department.
What are the required standards?
- Perfect eye for colour.
- Extensive knowledge of colour theory.
- Balancing between the commercial briefing and the aesthetic vision of the designer.
- Applying trends and feedback from the African market in your work.
- Able to work independently and stay focused for a long period.
- Willing to follow extra training on colour and blockings.
What is your background?
- Vocational (MBO4) degree in graphic design.
- Bachelor level of thinking.
- Experience with creating colourways.
- Experience of team work alongside individuality.
Are you interested?
This is a full-time position (32 hours is possible). If you would like more information about this vacancy, you can reach out to Heleen Poirters by email; firstname.lastname@example.org. If you consider yourself to be the right candidate, please apply by sending us your resume, portfolio and reason for your interest by using the button below.