ABOUT THE JOB AND ABOUT THE TEAM:
As Innovation Project manager you will be responsible for the development and implementation of innovation projects mainly focused on new applications and services, in which you will identify consumer needs, create value propositions and build robust business cases. In addition, you will create the tools and process to oversee the entire innovation pipeline to ensure that projects are managed and executed within the timeline. You will work in a team consisting of a Textile Innovation Designer and a Concept Designer, under the leadership of the Head of Scope 2046. The team is expected to expand roles and capabilities in the near future.
The Vlisco brand will be 200 years old in 2046. To devote resources to the future making and thinking of Vlisco, Scope 2046 was created. The team imagines and realizes solutions for the next quarter century by creating innovative fabrics, colors, prints, services and products with a focus on luxury and sustainability. It’s a dynamic and entrepreneurial team driven by putting creativity at the heart of the future of Vlisco.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Develop and manage innovation projects through qualitative and quantitative research, market analyses, value proposition design and business case creation.
- Identify new project opportunities based on current market trends and consumer research, and in line with the Brand vision and DNA.
- Ensure innovation processes and methodologies are applied across the innovation portfolio through assumption mapping, defined metrics of success and a rapid learning and iteration approach.
- Create and manage a dashboard of our innovation portfolio to track and report progress to management, and document and share learnings with the wider organization.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Master’s degree in Economics, Business Administration or Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Experience in innovation concepts and methodology (Lean Startup, Design Thinking)
- Strong in business strategy, planning and program management
- Excited about learning new things and not afraid to make mistakes
- Able to execute at speed while keeping the big picture in mind
- Fluency in English with strong communication skills
- Proven entrepreneurial mindset
Next to these technical skills we are looking for people who can see the magic in our designs, who are committed to quality and who feel strongly connected to our African heritage.
IN RETURN WE OFFER YOU:
- A competitive salary and benefits package, including a personal Sustainable Employability Budget, 8% holiday allowance and an extra 13th month of salary;
- A balanced working environment where you will have autonomy, ownership, and opportunities to grow within the company while working in a vibrant and dynamic team;
- The opportunity to be part of a highly creative environment where we are proud of our product that is so strongly embedded in the culture of Africa.
- Endless learning opportunities with GoodHabitz, access to personal assessments and several opportunities for personal growth.
- A great location next to the train station in the middle of Helmond’s city centre.
- A flexible working environment with flexible working hours and the opportunity to work 1 or 2 days a week from home.
- The best cappuccinos in the building!