Graphic Designer Vlisco&co
Vlisco&co is a network of young creative talent across Africa. It was set up by Vlisco in 2017 to learn about the aspirations of young Africans, to understand the way they see printed textiles in their own contemporary culture and to provide knowledge and opportunity where possible. So now Vlisco&co will create a start-up business for printed textiles and fashion with this young African network. Vlisco&co is looking for a Graphic Designer who will provide work for the Vlisco&co agenda, products, social media, website, outdoor marketing and literature to a standard that meets Vlisco&co identity, aesthetics and aspirations.
What are the key tasks?
- Developing the online and offline graphic content for the Vlisco&co brand.
- Developing existing placement and all-over prints for fabrics.
- Managing third parties for digital printing and sample making.
- Contributing to the development of the Vlisco&co brand identity.
- Monitoring new youth trends in graphic and fashion design to create new concepts.
What are the required standards?
- Meet and develop the Vlisco&co identity, aesthetics and aspirations.
- Show opportunities with exicsting prints and how they could be applied into a fashion line.
- Design a rich and diverse combination of cohesive assets.
- All relationships are maintained and results are as planned and on brand.
- Be proactive in creating new concepts on a monthly base.
- Vlisco&co mantains its position at the forefront of the design scene.
What is your background?
- Creative bachelor degree from a leading design school.
- At least 3 years' experience in (graphic) design.
- A clear passion for fashion and up to date in brands and design trends.
- Affinity for the ‘young’ language and consumer.
- Team spirit and being able to thrive under pressure.
- Pro-active, entrepreneur, resourceful.
- Perfectly speaking and writing in English, French is a plus.
Are you interested?
This is a full-time position (38 hours). If you would like more information about this vacancy, you can reach out to Heleen Poirters by email; email@example.com. If you consider yourself to be the right candidate, please apply by sending us your resume, portfolio and reason for your interest by using the button below. Your portfolio
should entail the following aspects:
- Different styles such as digital and handmade.
- Examples with animation are a must.
- Prints for fashion are required.
- Propose daring, fresh and experimental brand identity experience with clear marketing assets through graphic design.