Digitalisation employee / Collection registrar (temporary, 20-32 hours)
Vlisco has one of the largest textile archives in the world. Our company archive contains approximately 350,000 textile samples, 15,000 design drawings and various other special textile objects from almost 175 years of company history. The archiving department have the important task of ensuring every design is documented and stored safely in the ever-growing database. With this, we need your help. As a digitization employee / collection registrar you contribute to the digital registration of our archive collection.
What are the key tasks?
- Preparing, organizing and executing digitization; this includes digitally photographing textile objects, as well as accurately documenting information in the collection management system.
- Perform basic Photoshop actions for color corrections and image standardization.
- Checking and adding object descriptions, checking inventory numbers and assisting in the (re)placement of the objects in the depot.
What are the required standards?
- Carrying out digital photography of the textile samples and other objects in accordance with our standards and guidelines.
- Be accurate and patient, and have experience with, or understanding of, working with collection management systems.
- Being organized with good administration skills.
- Be able to identify points for improvement in the implementation of digitization activities and take the initiative to improve them.
What is your background?
- MBO+ level of thinking.
- Familiar with Photoshop and experience with administrative work.
- Energetic and eager to learn.
- Good Dutch writing skills and basic knowledge of written English is an advantage.
- Enthusiasm for cultural heritage, fashion or historical textiles.
Are you interested?
This temporary position takes about 20 to 32 hours and is part of a project. The project takes place in Helmond at the Vlisco factory. If you would like more information about this vacancy, you can reach out to Heleen Poirters by email; email@example.com. If you consider yourself to be the right candidate, please apply by sending us your resume, portfolio and reason for your interest by using the button below.